A Couple Quick Announcements:
1. In addition to book reviews, I will begin featuring a couple author interviews each month. These will not be posted concurrently with the author’s books. I have a standard set of questions, but the answers are pretty open ended. This is a chance for authors to talk about their writing process, talk about the publication process, and really help inform other indie authors about their journey.
2. I am gauging interest in arranging a Writing Retreat for Summer 2020 to be held at Symes Hot Springs in Hot Springs, MT. This would be up to 4 days over a weekend, be family friendly, and allow for a couple writing workshops to share techniques (2-3). The town of Hot Springs is quirky, near Glacier National Park, and a fun place to stop off on a family road trip for a long weekend. If you would be interested in hosting a workshop, please email a 100-500 word outline (no longer than 1 hour time estimate) to email@example.com with the subject: Some Like It Hot
As an example, the workshop I have written focuses on using unique objects to inspire stories and overcome writers block.
3. My husband and I are moving to Boston, Massachusetts in Autumn 2020! This is a big change for us, and will mean that I will be more readily available for having in person meetings with authors in the greater Boston area and the Northeast. Once we have moved, I will be setting up a P.O. Box. More details to come.
4. This year I am focusing a lot more on pushing myself toward further publication of short stories and hope to complete at least one of my manuscripts. I did announce my New Years Resolutions for 2020 as:
-52 Short Stories in 52 Weeks (drafts)
-1 completed draft WIP (I have 3 projects currently going)
-General Self Improvement (rephrase: get closer to being someone I want to be for myself…)
5. Backlog – There’s a bit of a backlog of updating for 3 reviews I need to write. One of these reviews is “bad” – it is the remaining review from November 2019. That should make it really obvious. This has caused me to be all kinds of frustrated. I struggled to finish this book and it will be my first 2-star review. I spent $27 on this book. I’m never buying a book by NYT Best Sellers “For A Comparison Review” again. Indie authors are so much better. I’m working on getting caught up – I promise.
I’ve been the Editor in Chief of a Literary Magazine before, and I know that I don’t want to do that again, at least not for a long time. I’d rather be writing and helping others write. I’d rather be beta reading. After an extended hiatus from creative writing, I am here again under a new name. Also – if anyone is able to find my previous book and pen name, I will give them a prize for being the best internet stalker ever.
Let’s make 2020 the best year yet. Remember, Hindsight is 2020.