Thank you for wanting to take the time to contact me 🙂 At this time I am not accepting submissions for 2020, but I will be posting 2021’s themes and opening this up for submissions soon. In the meantime, keep up with me on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.
If you would like to be among the future books that I read, please let me know! I am still tracking book titles and author names.
Books I Am Seeking For 2021 – Submissions are not yet open. I will announce when I am ready to start accepting submissions.
- Spooky, Creepy, Medical, Death, and Gothic Literature
- True Crime Autobiographies
- Science and History Non-Fiction
- Books By Neurodiverse Authors
A Note On Books I Will Accept:
- No graphic character names (characters named after bodily functions, sexual acts, or foul words) – these mess with how my website shows up in search engines. Also, I review YA and children’s books. Be reasonable.
- Extremely graphic sexual or violent content – I try to keep my blog rated PG and I’m still learning how to write content warnings. Again, I review children’s books in addition to adult novels. Be reasonable. If you would compare your book to The Serbian Film that’s a hard no. If you would compare your book to a Deadpool movie, that’s fine. If you compare your book to Game of Thrones I can probably make that work.
- Important Note on Graphic Content
- Memoir and Autobiography – I encourage authors to be as graphic as they want/need to be when talking about their own traumatic experiences. Graphic detail helps a reader understand the gravity of these events. I will be sure to work with authors on how content warnings for this material should be written as part of the review.
- Print Edition Must Be Available (preferably paperback)
- Under $20 (USD) – I buy your book like everyone else!
You must respond to either one of my calls on Twitter for new books to read in the upcoming month (the 15th of each month unless there are no available spots in the upcoming month)
You can send me an e-mail with the subject line: Only a Hippopotamus Will Do (e-mails not including this subject will be ignored)
In this e-mail include:
- a link to where I can purchase your book.
- a brief introduction to yourself
- a link to your Twitter and/or personal website (if applicable).
IF you are interested in sending me a copy of your book, please send me an e-mail with the subject line: The Buffalo Seem Fine to Me and I will respond to each inquiry on a case-by-case basis.