Thank you for wanting to take the time to contact me and I’m excited to hear from you 🙂
If you would like to be among the future books that I read, please let me know!
A Quick Note On Genres – I recently was asked which genres I am interested in reading. The answer is almost anything! My only limitations are:
- No graphic character names (characters named after bodily functions, sexual acts, or foul words) – these mess with how my website shows up in search engines. Also, I review YA and children’s books. Be reasonable.
- Extremely graphic sexual or violent content – I try to keep my blog rated PG and I’m still learning how to write content warnings. Again, I review children’s books. Be reasonable. If you would compare your book to The Serbian Film that’s a hard no. If you would compare your book to a Deadpool movie, that’s fine. If you compare your book to Game of Thrones I can probably make that work.
- Important Note on Graphic Content
- Memoir and Autobiography – I encourage authors to be as graphic as they want/need to be when talking about their own traumatic experiences. Graphic detail helps a reader understand the gravity of these events. I will be sure to work with authors on how content warnings for this material should be written as part of the review.
- Print Edition Must Be Available (preferably paperback)
- Under $20 (USD) – I buy your book like everyone else!
You must respond to either one of my calls on Twitter for new books to read in the upcoming month (the 15th of each month unless there are no available spots in the upcoming month)
You can send me an e-mail with the subject line: Only a Hippopotamus Will Do (e-mails not including this subject will be ignored)
In this e-mail include:
- a link to where I can purchase your book.
- a brief introduction to yourself
- a link to your Twitter and/or personal website (if applicable).
IF you are interested in sending me a copy of your book, please send me an e-mail with the subject line: The Buffalo Seem Fine to Me and I will respond to each inquiry on a case-by-case basis.
Get in Touch
Send Me a Message
Like What I Do?
This website costs $100/year to maintain and I budget $80/month for books. This results in a total of $960 budgeted towards supporting New, Emerging, and Indie authors every year. That's a total yearly cost of approximately $1,060 USD to run this website. At this time I am self funding and I refuse to offer paid reviews. I worry that paid reviews are incentivized to be dishonest. This concern is continuously reinforced by reality 😦 While I offer additional services to authors, if you would like to make a one-time contribution of $5 to buy me a coffee to drink while I read a book, it would be greatly appreciated. I recently stopped running ads because I hate them and they interrupt the reader experience. Thank you for taking the time to read this - I hope you have a lovely day. ❤